Forgot your username?

Forgot your password?


Cart empty

California mortgage license school

California Mortgage License Education with Mortgage Educators

Congratulations on your decision to work towards obtaining a California mortgage license! California has two separate divisions that issue mortgage licenses: the California Dept. of Business Oversight and the California Bureau of Real Estate. Mortgage Educators & Compliance offers courses for both mortgage licenses.


You can know which of the two licenses you should be getting by contacting your employer. If the company you will be working for is under the BRE, then you will need a BRE license. If it is under the DBO, then you will need a DBO license.



This bundle is now available at discounted rate of $433 NEW PRICE $239.99

Use Coupon Discount Code: "CADBO" 

Already licensed in another state? Just need the 2 hr course?

Get it separately for only $35.98! Use coupon code: "CADBO"



button 17

This bundle is now available at discounted rate of $349 $239.99

Use Coupon Discount Code: "CALPE"

For questions about ordering or other information, call (801) 676-2520


California has one of the strongest housing markets in the nation, and continues to grow year after year. For those contemplating the idea of becoming licensed in California,  obtaining a California mortgage license is very simple, though not for everyone. It takes a willingness to learn the basic ins and outs of the industry as well as a desire to work hard. The mortgage industry is a great one to get into and it provides a lot of flexibility. If you like to work hard, you are a people person, and you have a desire to learn, becoming a mortgage loan officer is the perfect choice for you.




Mortgage Broker vs. Mortgage Loan Officer – What’s the difference?

Mortgage brokers and mortgage loan originators are often confused with each other. Because of this, most people looking to get a mortgage broker’s license are actually looking for a mortgage loan originator’s license. So what is the difference?


Generally speaking, a mortgage broker is a company that employs mortgage loan originators. The loan originators are employed by the broker to originate loans for home buyers when they are looking for a loan for their mortgage.


What courses do I need to do to get started on my license?

California requires 20 hours of mortgage education for each new loan officer to become licensed. The CA-DBO requires 2 of those hours to be DBO-specific. Mortgage Educators offers a low price bundle of $239 that includes all 20 hours and a comprehensive test prep course to help you score your best on the NMLS national test component.


New mortgage license education, or "pre-license education" must be completed in either a live classroom or online instructor-led format. Mortgage Educators & Compliance provides these courses weekly in an Online Instructor-Led (OIL) format. These courses are presented by instructors via pre-recorded video with slideshow presentations. Courses are broken up into chapters comprised of 5 minute sections and quizzes that make up the overall content. At the end of the course, students should expect a short test to check for comprehension. All hours are reported to the NMLS upon completion by Mortgage Educators & Compliance.


Additional questions? 

Mortgage Educators and Compliance is here to answer any additional questions that you may have in regards to your California mortgage license. For additional questions, feel free to call us at (801) 676-2520 or email us at